Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cards Cards, Cards....

You know, I have just the hardest time, starting off my blog. You wouldn't know it, if you spoke to me over the telephone or in person. The Lord gave me the gift of gab, but it sure doesn't show it here on my blog or for my scrapbook pages either. Funny thing too is...I love to write. But its the initial beginnings of journaling, or blogging or even letter writing that I have such a difficult time with. Do any of you have the same problem as I do? Please tell me I am not alone in this! LOL



OK...now my initial introduction to my blog is out of the way, LOL, I can share what I've been up to the last couple of weeks. My brother just celebrated his 50th birthday. As like the good sister I am, I love to pour salt in the wound. LOL My sister and I were going to send him a dozen long stem black roses, but no one around knew how to that. So then we thought we would send a dozen black balloons, but that would have brought back some bad memories for when he turned 40. So, my sister found this site... http://www.cookiesbydesign.com/ and we sent him this...






He got a big old chuckle out of it. I believe my sister had it sent to his job site. But I'm not positive on that fact. But this is the card I sent him.















He got the biggest chuckle out of it!


So to tell you a little bit about the card. I took one of Mojo Monday's card sketches and used that as a template. I also used my Nestabilities for the oval, oval frame and scalloped edge. The stamped image is from the retired set "Raccoons and Friends." I still really like that stamp set. And the papers are from the Silhouette paper pack and the Silhouette Basic Creations pack.


I still have some more cards to share...but chores are calling my name.


Talk to you soon.


Happy Stampin'!


Leanne

No comments: