Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Paper Piecing Layout

Have you ever wondered, what if I tried something new with my pages?  Have you ever challenged yourself to step out of your comfort zone and give something new a try?  I love trying new things.  Sometimes, they work out and sometimes they don't.  But I never let those little somethings set me back.  I just learn from them and then I keep moving forward.  If I don't step out of my box/comfort zone, then I feel like all my pages start looking the same.  


So these next two pages, I thought I would try something new.  We've all seen paper piecing. To me, I've seen where little objects are pieced together for an embellishment for a page.  For instance, putting a tree on your page, them attaching individual leaves to the limbs of the tree.  Or perhaps, you want to put a bird or butterfly on your page and the different components make up that bird or butterfly.  That is what paper piecing meant to me.   

Then I got an idea about doing a two page layout of nothing but paper piecing components.  Oh my goodness, did my Wishblade get a workout with this project.  




The children had such a good time, playing together outside.  This was the first time the twins were able to going outside and play.  They had just started walking and had such a good time.  I was so thankful for having a digital camera at that time, because I kept snapping picture after picture. 

Now, these pages are for Matthew's album, and I plan on doing the same layout but different pictures for each of the children's albums.  Now, I can't take all of the credit on these pages,  All I did was cut and paste all the elements. So, I would like to thank Josy Carson, for all the hard work she put into this digital design.

Besides converting all these files to .gsd files, so that I could cut them on my Wishblade, I used my Martha Stewart's "Punch Around the Page" punch for the outside border.  Then I used another one of Martha Stewart's punches for the bottom border.  I wanted to show the green field more as hilly or rolling hills, so I distressed the edges.  I've always love the crackled edge look, so I tried giving the fence a worn, weathered look to it.  You can't see if very well in the pictures. And the rest is all paper piecing.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.
Until next time...

Happy Scrappin'!!!
Hugs, 
Leanne 

No comments: