Saturday, July 28, 2012

Stepping Out

Good Morning Friends and Fellow Scrappers!

This must be a record, three days of posts in a row!  Like I said in an earlier post, I have a lot to share.  I also said I was planning on spending the weekend here in the Rubber Room creating.  Once again, life has interrupted that plan. I am about to head off to the commissary.  Its a necessary chore, and of course we can't live without it! LOL

What I would like to share with you today is a 2 page layout I did completely from my stash.  I probably have enough paper and embellishments to last me a LONG time.  Other than purchasing the Workshop On The Go each month, it's been a while I purchased anything new.  I keep telling myself, you need to use up what you have. 



I love these photos of my grandson, Matthew, taking his first steps.  He had been trying for so long to take those first steps, and I am so glad to be there with a camera when he did.  

As I said earlier, every thing on this layout came from my stash. The green gingham I've had forever.  It from CTMH B&T papers and had been retired for quite some time now.  But you can never go wrong with gingham on a baby's page. The big scallop circle is from LYB's "Baby Safari" along with the multi colored polka cots paper.  I cut the baby shoes out with my Wishblade, in addition to the scalloped trim along the top of bottom and the title.  I even hand stitched on the layout to tie everything together using embroidery floss.  The flowers and buttons also came from my stash.  I believe the buttons are CTMH and the flowers I purchased in bulk off of ebay. A big thank you goes out once again to my friend, Susan Stringfellow for another terrific sketch.  Check out her blog here.  I used Sketch #6 for this layout.

Thanks for joining me here in my Rubber Room!  I'm so glad you're here!  And I hope you have the best weekend EVER!

I'll meet you back here once again, tomorrow!
Happy Scrappin'
 
 
Hugs, 
Leanne




No comments: