Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Gift for a friend's birthday

Greetings once again from the Rubber Room!


As promised in my last post, I would share with you what I made my good friend for her birthday. It seemed my friend and I could never get together for about three weeks. Either she was too busy, or I had the twins. But it just didn't seem to want to work out. Well, one morning we were talking on the phone and telling each other what we had planned for the day. My friend mentioned she had so much to do around the house that she wasn't planning on going anywhere. I took that opportunity and thought to myself, this is the time to go for a visit. So about an hour later, I climbed into the truck and went for a visit to my friend's home. She was flabbergasted when she saw the gift. She absolutely loved it. That does the heart good!! So, now I can share with the rest of you, the gift I made my friend. I liked it so much, I am thinking on making one for myself and possibly making one for each of my kids for Christmas. If that is the case...I better get busy now!!






Not only was I able to get this gift over to my friend (even if it was past her birthday!!) I've been creating a couple of scrapbook pages. I've also been busy creating some cards. I just purchased a couple of Cuttlebug folders. I don't have the machine yet...but I thought I would try using the folders with my red original Sizzix machine and converter. I do have to say...I think the bug has bitten me. So, here are a couple of cards I've made in the past couple of days.




These are the two cards I created with my new Cuttlebug folders and current papers from the summer catalog for Close To My Heart.

So, until next time!

Happy Scrappin'!

Inky Hugs,

Leanne

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Leanne,
The gift you made, is beautiful! What a wonderful friend you are to put so much time and creativity into a gift from your heart.

The cards are very nice too! Love my embossing folders!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful work.