Thursday, November 13, 2008

And so the "Tis the Season" begins...

Greetings from the Rubber Room!

I can't believe its been over three weeks since I have posted anything. My deepest apologies for not posting sooner. Don't you just hate it when life gets in the way of your passion? I am not grumbling too much...but that creative to do list is growing! So what have you been up to in the past few weeks?


Well, I did manage to get all four of the grandchildren together and off we went trick or treating. Jaden didn't care too much about going door to door, but loved dressing up in his costume. A friend from church gave Kevin a couple of Halloween costumes for the twins, a couple of years ago. Kevin and I thought for sure these costumes would make it to this year. It would have, if the twins didn't go through a growth spurt not too long ago. So, our little Jaden looks like he was poured into his suit. He didn't care...he just enjoyed the day. And Benny walked around with his head cocked to the side, because the bird costume's hood (which was the bird's head) was just way too heavy. Deborah dressed up as another princess this year, Princess Jasmine and Matthew wanted to be a fireman.


Here are the kids right before we took off to go trick or treating. Of course, while trying to take pictures, do you think the children would hold still to capture one pic of all them smiling at the camera? LOL I got one but without Benny! I said, "What happened to Benny?" And here he is as I am trying to get him back with the others. I couldn't resist taking a pic, dirty face or not. I couldn't resist the snapping a pic of that adorable face starring back at me through the camera lens.


So, that was our Halloween night. I can't wait to get started on the scrapbook pages for this year. I am busy trying to get all 8 pages (that's a 2 page layout for 4 albums) of Halloween 2007 done. They are presently sitting on my table waiting to be completed. But first, I have to set them aside and start of the project for this month's workshop.


The gals asked if we could do something a bit different and other than scrapbook pages. What better way to get into the Holiday spirit than to do start making Christmas cards. Now, I have been browsing the internet, and CTMH's bulletin board, looking for inspiration. I found lots of inspiration through my memberships on many yahoo groups, other consultant's blogs, and the bulletin board. Its gotten to the point to where I am a bit overwhelmed with all the talent I have found in all these places.


I just placed my order with CTMH, because I found I am in need of a few newer stamp sets. So, when that order arrives, I'll be able to buckle down and get busy. Once the cards are completed, I'll then post them here. But meanwhile, trying to get into the festive activities that this time of year brings, I made this wall hanging. I got the inspiration from my friend Laurie from Louisiana. She did the same thing, but with different papers. The colors I used are CTMH's Clover Meadow, Honey and Cranberry. Patterned paper is from Daisy D (scraps from a project I did last year). I used my Cuttlebug embossing folder "Swiss Dots" and cut the letters and tags on my Wishblade. Most of the embellishments are from CTMH or Just4funcrafts.com and the ribbon came from Reasonableribbon.com.
Until next time.... Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Scrappin'
Inky Hugs,
Leanne






No comments: