Monday, November 17, 2008

A little bit behind the times....

Greeting again from the Rubber Room!


I am so pleased you stopped by. Its a very common thing for me to be a day late and a dollar short! I say this because here we are about a week and a half before Thanksgiving, and I am about to share the layouts I did a couple of months ago, at the beginning of the school year. I am also a year behind getting Deborah's album done. One good thing though, is they are done and into their albums. Two done, gazillon more to do. LOL I keep telling myself, baby steps. But you
know...those baby steps are being stampeded with photos screaming, "Scrap Me!!"


















These first two layouts are of my granddaughter Deborah on her first day of Kindergarten. She can be such a "ham" when a camera is pointed at her. Papers are from Close to my Heart, Silhouette paper pack, flowers are prima flowers with itty bitty brads from CTMH. The die cut apples and backpack and title block in the left page, was something I picked up from WalMart a few years ago.




These two layouts are of my grandson, Matthew and his first day of preschool. I enjoyed doing Deborah's layouts so much, I decided to do the same for Matthew's pages. And his bright red shirt, just lead me to use primary colors for his pages. The polka dot paper at the top is from CTMH's Giggles and Grins. and the other is the last of the paper pack "School Days" from CTMH. I had some school themed stamps and stamped and colors various images on the "crayon" pattern paper. Too much open space for my taste. I made the little title block to match that like Deborah's. The shaker apple on the left page, has the alphabet beads, spelling out "Matthew's First Day of Preschool." The apple diecut on the right side, is from my stash. and the crayon die cuts, I did on my Wishblade.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed yourself. Stop back again sometime.
Until next time,
Happy Scrappin'
Inky Hugs,
Leanne

No comments: