Sunday, November 16, 2008

You're a Star!!

Hey there everyone!! Welcome back to my Rubber Room. I am so glad you dropped in for a bit. I want to share with you a card I made for my brother this afternoon. I received an email from my SIL telling us that my brother, Don received an award last night from the Engineering Department of the University of Louisville. My brother taught there for many years, till he retired a few months ago. Don had to say a few words after receiving his award so he thanked the IE (I think that stands for Industrial Engineering) department for giving this award to a civil engineer. That has to be an inside joke, because I don't understand the humor! Do you? :) Anyhow...
Don first graduated from Illinios Institute of Technology in Chicago, with a Civil Engineering degree. He then earned an M.B.A. degree from the University of Louisville (1983) and a Master of Engineering Management degree (1999). Don is also the author of a textbook on construction management. Dr. John Usher present the award to Don. Shannon Graves is a chemical engineer and the alumni ambassador who organized this year’s event. Those are the people pictured above.
The card I made to send to Don is 5" x 7". Colors are Cranberry and Black. I used the star paper from Game On paper pack from Close To My Heart. I also used the stamp sets, Star Struck and Shining Star. Embellishments are from the gold My Accents and black My Accents. The ribbon came from my stash, and I think I purchased it from www.reasonableribbon.com.
Thanks for stopping by,
Until next time!
Happy Scrappin'
Inky Hugs
Leanne

No comments: