Saturday, April 25, 2009

And the Beat Goes On

Happy Saturday to all of you!
I still have a few more layouts to share. At the beginning of the New Year, one of my resolutions was to get all the first year albums done of my children and grandchildren. Little did I know, that I was going to go into major burn out by April. But you know...as I have been compiling all my genealogy back into the computer, I come across a name and think...I have a picture of them...oh I should scrap that picture so I can include it.
You see, I am using Family Tree Maker program, and with each person, there is a place to make up a "scrapbook" for them. Well, I didn't want to just include a picture, I want to include a scrapbook page. After all, this is the reason why I started scrapbooking in the first place. So, you see, I may be burnt out, but the creative juices are still flowing. LOL

So, the layouts I am including today if for my son's Michael's album. This first one is of me, prego with Michael at 35 weeks. We had just moved into a new apartment and we were getting ready for our new arrival.


Papers I used were from CTMH's Boom Di Ada paper pack. The flourishes are from Maya Road. I cut the scalloped circles using my nestabilities. The words and numbers...35 and weeks were printed on transparency and glued to the page.
The flowers are from CTMH and Prima and the buttons are from http://www.just4funcrafts.com/.


This next layout is of our Michael when he was 10 days old. I have purchasing little boys embellishments, since I started scrapbooking. I keep thinking I'll use this on one of the boys pages. Well, I am finally putting them on the boy's pages. The title is so old, I don't know where or when I got it. It has a copyright on it of 2002. The giraffe is from Suzy's Zoo. The flourish felt ribbon is from Queen's Co. The pacifier is from the original CTMH My Creations Baby Boy pack. The ribbon at the bottom of the page came from the dollar bin at Target. And all the flowers and embellishments around the left side is all from my stash. Some are from CTMH, some are from www.just4funcrafts.com. Others are just from different places. The name at the top are rub-on letters I picked up at my LSS. Colors are Sweet Leaf and Lilac Mist.
Thanks for looking. If you like what you see, leaving me some lovin'!!
Happy Scrappin'!

No comments: