Monday, November 23, 2009

Another Heritage Layout

I seem to be on some sort of "heritage" kick at the moment. Now, I am not saying there is anything wrong with that...its just it seems like I go through phases where doing heritage pages is all I want to do.

Let me give you a bit a history behind these pictures. The picture on the left, is the only picture my mother had of herself as a baby. The woman sitting in the tree is my grandmother, Anna Stingel Watson. She is holding a baby in her arms, who is my mother, Hazel Margaret Watson Archer. Then a few years ago, my cousin, Mary Lou sent me another photo (bottom photo on the right), which is of my mother as a baby and my grandmother and my great grandmother, Mary Ellen Gilbert Watson Thomas. Then Mary Lou sent me some more photos, which are the upper two photos on the right. It was thrilling to be able to put all of these photos together and realize, that this family spent a day at a park and took pictures to commemorate the day. I believe my grandfather, Harrison Thomas Watson, took the majority of the pictures. Look how creative he is! To be able to look through the lens of a camera and snap something that will last a lifetime. Or many many lifetimes!
I did these layouts, using Close To My Heart's "Workshop on the Go" kit. I did change it some, but kept the basic design the same. All the materials are from CTMH, with the exception of using some of my flower punches, and my Nestabilities for the 3" scallop circle.
Thanks for stopping by. If you would like to be part of my monthly workshop, send an email to Kit20296@aol.com, and I send you the details.
Until next time,
Happy Thanksgiving!
Leanne

2 comments:

Steph said...

Great job! That is wonderful that you werwe able to combine these pictures to get the full story. thanks for sharing :)

Tracy said...

Those look beautiful Leanne! Great job!