Wednesday, January 6, 2010

You're A Hoot




Good Morning!

Since bringing in the New Year, I have been spending a lot of time in the Rubber Room. With the holidays behind us, and the remodel complete, I seem to have time on my hands and the creative juices are flowing.
I brought in the New Year with hubby, and at the stroke of midnight and a peck of a kiss, I was back in the rubber room. I started making some cards for a swap I am in. And wouldn't you know it, the ribbon that gave me my inspiration ran out. I wasn't able to completely finish the cards, so I found some other ribbon that I love and continued on.
As I said before, the ribbon for both cards gave me the inspiration. And since I have such an owl fetish, I thought I would use this cutie on a card. The owl comes from CTMH's "You're A Hoot" stamp set. I used my Cuddlebug folders and my Fiskars embossing plates to emboss some of the cardstock to give the cards some dimension. On the top card, I paint the flourish (from Maya Road) with Making Memories acrylic paint. The flowers are prima flowers and a small dew drop is in the center of them. The colors are CTMH's Ponderosa Pine, Creme Brulee, Juniper and Cranberry.
Now the second card is basically the same. Colors I used here are from CTMH: White Daisy, Black and Bubblegum. I used white embossing powder for my little friend the owl. The flourish is from Prima Marketing, "Say It With Crystals." The flower is from Prima with a dew drop in the center. The little bling for the eyes in both the cards are from CTMH.
And the layout of the card is from CTMH's how to book "Wishes." Its the "Collage" card located on page 97.
I'd like to thank you for stopping by.
So until next time...
Happy Paper Crafting!
Leanne

1 comment:

Mary said...

These cards are super cute! You have been on a real creative streak! Glad I stopped by!