Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Cherries vs Strawberries

Which do you prefer? Do you like your desserts with a cherry on top? Or does a strawberry parfait sound more appetizing? Do I have your mouth watering? I am so sorry about that..I am just trying to make a point.

When Close To My Heart introduce their new summer catalog last month, and I saw the new Cherry-O papers...the only thing I thought of was...why couldn't this be strawberries? Then I search a little further into the catalog and saw the new stamp set, "Fruitful Delight" on page 49. I was so excited about the fact that there is a strawberry stamp! So, hopefully within the next few weeks I'll be able to purchase that stamp set. I was given as a gift earlier in the year, a strawberry stamp set from Flourishes. Knowing I had this stamp set, I decided to use it instead of purchasing the one from CTMH. But the stamp set from CTMH would work marvelously here as I have done with the Flourishes stamp set. All I did was random stamp on a 12x12 Colonial White cardstock with chocolate ink and then using my CTMH markers and my white gel pen, colored in the strawberries, flowers and leaves. The colors I used were: Tulip, Sweet Leaf.
So, why did I opt to use strawberries instead of cherries? I guess the biggest thing is my love for strawberries and also the pictures I scrapped were of Deborah and she is wearing a "Strawberry Shortcake" shirt. See? There is a method to my madness! LOL AND of course you all know how I feel about empty spaces on a layout!! LOL


So, besides using the Cherry-O Workshop on the Go and changing it a bit. I basically followed the instructions. I did add some paper flowers and red brads and gingham ribbon to the mix. I also cut my title out on my Wishblade. I love the oversize photo of Deborah looking up from her paper. If you can't tell from the photos on the layout, she was busy sitting at the kitchen table stamping. Yes, I've started her early to become a stamper. Our next step is to start her scrapbooking.

Well, I need to scoot! My son is taking the children to the movies this evening to celebrate Matthew's 6th birthday. We're going to go see "Shrek." Fun Fun Fun!!!

I still have more to share, so hopefully tomorrow I'll post.

Until next time...

Happy Scrappin'!!

Leanne

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Leanne, these layouts are too cute!!!!! Love what you did with the strawberry stamps as well. Now that is what I call "using your noggin"! LOL.

Cherie said...

Love this layout! I have a friend named Cherry, she'd love your paper!