Monday, June 21, 2010

A Month of Birthdays

With the birth of our granddaughter, Deborah, eight years ago, June seems the beginning of a summer full of birthdays. We celebrate not only Deborah's birthday, but also DH's birthday the day before and Matthew's birthday 10 days later. We'll end the summer with Kelli's birthday and her husband, Mike's birthday in August. So, with all the birthday celebrations, I thought I would work on birthday layouts. Believe me, I have plenty to keep me busy for some time.


This first layout, is of my oldest son, Michael's first birthday back in November 1977. Oh the excitement in his eyes are just precious! The foundation page is from Creative Imaginations. I used stamps from CTMH and Technique Tuesday and stamped 1st, a cupcake and Happy Birthday into each of the circles of the foundation page. Then I cut and layered papers from My Little Yellow Bicycle "Baby Safari Boy" and CTMH B&T paper (retired). The balloons are from La Petite. (I've had these in my stash for a while, just waiting for me to start these birthday layouts) The bear holding the balloons is a digital image from PJG Scrapbook Heaven and the cupcake in the lower left corner of the layout was made using my Nestabilities cupcake die. Now, the die comes in one piece. So after cutting it with my Big Shot, I cut it apart and ran the top portion of the cupcake through my Cuttlebug, "Swiss Dots". The with my markers I added just a touch of color to each little dot, then I used some pop dots to give the page some dimension. And finally the title was done with my print and cut feature on my Wishblade.


This second layout is from my daughter, Kelli's 1st birthday in August 1984. For the foundation page, I used Amanda Blu and Co.'s Happy Birthday To You patterned paper. The patterned paper on the left is CTMH's Birthday Bash (retired) collection. The party hats and the cake and the saying "Happy 1st Birthday" are from Suzy Zoo birthday collection. I printed out the title "Special Girl" using my Wishblade and printing it out on a transparency.

This next set of layouts are of our granddaughter, Deborah's 3rd birthday. Kelli combined Matthew's and Deborah's birthday celebration at Pizza Factory. There really isn't much to this page, believe it or not. The patterned paper is from Creative Imaginations (I think). I loved all the swirls and vibrant colors, that I just couldn't cover or even cut this paper. I ran a strip of Magic Mesh and topped the mesh with some scalloped edge, across the upper half of the page. I cut the photos out as balloons and tied some thin ribbon to the bottom. I also added lots of little embellishments from Suzy Zoo and other goodies I had in my stash.



Thanks for stopping by. I hope to have some more to share in the next few days.
So, until next time...
Happy Scrappin'!!
Leanne

2 comments:

Scrappinaway said...

Very nice!! How are things going? Have not chatted in a while! I am scrapping this weekend and hope to have a lot of new stuff to post too!

Alicia

Mary said...

What fun birthday layouts! Thanks for sharing them!