Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I had to interrupt my Paris scrapbooking to prepare for this month’s workshop. We are using Close To My Heart’s MRK "Splendor." I wasn’t sure what pictures I wanted to use, since I was till in the "Paris" frame of mind. But after discussing with my daughter, Kelli, how the papers look and what her impression was, I chose to do another 2 page layout for Deborah’s 4th year album.

I created this two page layout, using CTMH’s "Workshop on the Go" kit and "Cherish’s Asymmetric" layouts. I cut my title out of Topiary cardstock and backed it with the Heavenly Blue B&T paper. I used "Cherished Flourishes" stamp set and randomed stamp on around the title. I also used "Summer Wishes" (included exclusively in the WOTG Splendor kit) and stamped on the Heavenly Blue B&T paper. Then made some glimmer mist with Autumn Terracotta reinker and Create-A-Shade paint and some hairspray and sprayed the little flower. Then I attached them to the layout using Moonstruck brads, I had in my stash.
In coloring the chipboard flower, I used my sponge dauber and reinker and applied to the flower. Doing this technique, really gives some true terrific color instead of using a sponge to apply the color. I applied some glitter glue to the flower’s petals and on the Moonstruck center piece. The leaves behind the flower was from Scrap-Savvy’s Freebie Friday. How fortunate I feel to receive this file just as I was working on this layout.
I typed out the journaling and printed it on transparency film. I then trim it and ran it through my Xyron adhesive and then attached it to the page.













Well, its time for me to head to the rubber room and try to get some mojo going. Perhaps a bit of "Tidy Time" might help the juices start flowing.
Until next time, thanks for stopping by!
Happy Scrappin’
Leanne

1 comment: