Friday, August 27, 2010

I Love Paris...

I love Paris so much that I have dedicated a whole album for our trip to Paris back in 1993. As you know, I don't scrapbook in order. I just wasn't sure how I wanted to scrap our Paris trip, even though I knew I wanted to get these pictures out of the box and onto pages. Since I started scrapbooking 10+ years ago, I have been purchasing patterned paper just for the Paris trip. So, it wasn't for lack of supplies, it was that darn creative block. I just wasn't sure how I wanted to set up they album. My stack of Paris pictures measured almost 3 inches high. So I said to myself, (yes I talk to myself a lot) "Leanne, stop this procrastination and get these photos organize! Then you'll be able to figure out how to scrapbook them." So, I pulled them out and tried to remember ALL the events and the places of that special time in Paris. I even turned to hubby and asked him. So, we reminisced and walked down Memory Lane, remembering our trip to Paris. So, when Close To My Heart introduced their new MRK, "Passages," that ah-hah moment stuck me! I was going to begin scrapping the Paris trip using these papers. Now, the Workshop on the Go kit from CTMH is a fantastic deal, and the layouts for the papers are fine, but I am not a CASE (that's copy and share) person. I like to tweak the pages a bit and make them my own. I love to take the pages and tweak them and make them my own.

So, without further ado...let me share the beginning of our Paris album. So, for the next few days, I take you for a ride down my memory lane of our trip to Paris. I'll try to explain the thought process of how I developed the pages. And if possible I will try to tell you all the products I used for making these pages. Please remember that I have been collecting papers and I still continue to collect them for over 10 years. My stash is dwindling down, but its a slow process.

Introduction Page

This is the first page of the album. Now I used CTMH's WOTG layout, but changed it a bit. Now I prefer to use a patterned background instead of leaving it simple. So, I cut fleurs de lis on my Wishblade, large and small, and then stenciled the images onto my 12"x12" Barn Red cardstock. I used the colors Cocoa and Colonial White. I cut my title "Destination" on my Wishblade. I also cut "Paris" out several times and layered them on top of each other to give the impression of chipboard. I used my Fiskars border punch for the top and bottom of the striped paper towards the top of the page. The metal embellishments came from my stash. I believe they are from Making Memories. The center flower in the lower left corner of the page, I made using my Nestabilities' scalloped circle. I got the idea from Dawn McVey's blog. She has a step by step tutorial explaining how to make these puffy flowers. I also cut thin strips of Magic Mesh to use on the page instead of ribbon. The journaling piece I used is from CTMH's "Annotations" stamp set. I stamped it twice and cut the top piece around the design on one of them. I then layered it using a pop dot. Then I adhered a "Passage" clip (without the clip portion) to the center of the stamped image.

This is only the beginning of the Paris album. I will try to post day one tomorrow or perhaps later this afternoon.


Thanks for stopping by.


Until Later,

Leanne


No comments: