Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Creative Process Continues...

Greetings once again from the Rubber Room!

After all the writing I did yesterday, that "mother's" voice kept whispering in my ear. So, I decided to shut the old girl up, I started tidying up the rubber room. I also promised my daughter Kelli, I would watch the children for the afternoon. I was focused on getting things cleaned up in here and getting the dining room table cleared, I really didn't want anymore distractions. But afterall, a promise is a promise! Right?

So, I did what any Gamma would do...made a game out of cleaning up Gamma's room. I had paper flowers that needed to sorted, I had a bowl full of buttons that had to be separated, papers to files, and patterned paper to sorted and pulled. I had Deborah go through the bowl of buttons and sort them in a small plastic tray, putting like colors together. I thought that would be an easy job for a 6 year old. Then I had Matthew, sort through the paper flowers and put same colors together. There wasn't much to do there and he did an outstanding job. He was done before Deborah was, so I had him take the little silk flowers off the stems and put into a small plastic container and throw the stems away. The total amount of time on this project took us about 2 hours. How wonderful, two hours of children getting along, being happy and just being kids. I got my papers sorted and filed. We got a lot accomplished in that tiny bit of time. We rewarded ourselves with watching a couple of episodes of "Dora!"

Then it was time to go home. Their mother came by to pick up the children, and they were just so excited about all the fun things they did that day. Of course, Kelli said, probably the same thing all mothers say..."Why can't you do that at home?" I can answer that dear! Its more fun at Gamma's!!! LOL

So now with the rubber room all neat and tidy, and the dining room table all cleaned off...I just may start on a new project. Unfortunately, the laundry is now whispering in my ear. But I do the laundry and play at the same time! I don't do well with multi-tasking, but this I can do. The twins will be here later on this evening after church...and I'll be ready for them!! LOL

Thanks so much for permitting me into your busy day and letting me ramble on a wee bit more.
Until next time,
Happy Scrappin'!!!
Inky Hugs
Leanne

No comments: