Friday, August 22, 2008

Mojave Mustangs 1999

Happy Fabulous Friday to you!

I thought I would share with you the layouts we are doing this month for our monthly scrapbooking workshop. I have attempted quite a few times to do these layouts of my DS Kevin, and nothing seemed to come together. Have you ever had troubles like this? But when CTMH introduced their paper pack of "Game On," my troubles were over and prayers had been answered. I love the fact that most of the B&T papers are so neutral, you can add almost any color. Luckily enough, Mojave High's school colors are red and gray. It just really ties the whole layout together. Kevin only ran track for just one year...his junior year. I asked him why he didn't go out for track in his senior year, his reply was, "I couldn't go out and there and give it my all without Corey being there!" Corey was a good friend of Kevin's. We lost Corey in the fall of their senior year in an automobile accident. The loss of just a terrific athelete and friend to so many was felt that whole school year.




I am including both pages here separately so you can see each one a bit more closely. It was so much fun doing these pages for Kevin. As I was working on them, Kevin and I spent alot of time remembering those years he spent at Mojave High School. Go Mustangs!!




Thanks for stopping by!


Until next time...
Happy Scrappin'!!
Inky Hugs,
Leanne


No comments: