Monday, January 24, 2011

Final Page

Yup, that's right! This is the final page for my grandson's first year album. Now, I'm not one who can scrap in order, but when I noticed I had but a couple more pages to finish off Matthew's first year album, I was ecstatic! All I could think about was completing those final pages. I shared with you last week the final two pager needed for his album. You can scroll down and see. And today, this is the final page. Now, I can move on and work on his second year album and probably more of the other albums as well. If you would like to see all of Matty's pages, click here.


I had so much fun working on this layout. If you're wondering about the title, "Emejota," there is a cute story behind it. Matthew's mother (Kelli) started calling him "MJ" (short for Matthew James), but after a while, Matthew (like most little kids) started to ignore his mother. Out of complete frustration, Kelli one day, blurted out "Emejota" and that got Matthew's attention real fast. For those of you aren't fluent in Spanish (like me, I had to ask why) Emejota are the initials for MJ. That nickname has lasted till recently, when Matthew started in school.


The papers I used came from a previous Close To My Heart's Heart of Winter special, "Days to Cherish". The CTMH colors are: Holiday Red, Heavenly Blue, Buttercup, and Sweet Leaf. The big Sweet Leaf B&T paper scalloped circle I cut out from a pattern from CTMH's "Emporium" workshop guide. I used quite of bit of chipboard on this layout except for the title. Using the font, Miami Nights", I cut out the title 5 times from cardstock and glued them together. It really gives the page more dimension. Its what I like to call "faux chipboard." The real chipboard pieces are from CTMH's Irresistibles™ Pizzazz Chipboard Die-Cuts. These die cuts are so cool!! They have a resist pattern that show through when color is applied. And the little guy on top of the red bracket rectangle is from La Petite, which I bought back in 2005 on clearance for $.94. Don't you just love finding bargains like that? I sure do. Too bad it takes me forever to use them. LOL

Well, I am off on another scrapbooking adventure. Stay tuned for my next set of layouts. I can't believe I have completed 14 pages so far this month and we still have 7 days left in the month. Looks like 2011 is off to a great start!! Thanks so much for stopping.

Until next time...

Hugs,

Leanne

No comments: