Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy New Year!

I can see that I am not very good at making New Year resolutions. LOL I had promised myself to post more regularly on my blog. And here it is...January 10, 2011and this is my first post for the new year. I can say I'll try to do better, but haven't I said that before? So, bear with me as I try to figure out a more logical way of posting.
It's not that I haven't been scrapping...I have! I think its when I am on a roll, I hate to interrupt that creativity. But when I have scrapper's block, I get busy looking for inspiration. Oh my, its a vicious cycle I put myself through. So, let me share with you the layouts I did last month.

These first set of layouts were for my workshop last month. We used CTMH's "Mistletoe" WOTG. Now, I like to put a twist of the layout, corp has chosen for us. These two pages, are my renderings.







When I photographed the layouts, as you can see, I switched the layouts. What is suppose to be on the left is on the right and visa versa. I used Martha Stewart's Around the Page punch and punched out the border. Then took the border stamp from the stamp set "B1357 All the Best" that came in the kit and stamped around the page, I really like how the stamp and punches goes so nicely together. I will probably use this again.


So now that I've completed one set of Christmas layouts, I felt the need to do some more. Can we see a patterned happening here? LOL You have to admit...I AM getting those pages scrapped. I also realized that I am almost done with Matthew's and the twin's first year album. Just a couple more layouts and all three of the books will be done. Yippee!! So here is a page for Matthew's first year album.



Some of the papers I used are retired, but I also used some scraps from the Mistletoe kit. It really was a simple layout to put together. I don't know why I waited to complete it as long as I did. But everything here I used from my stash. I am slowly dwindling down everything I have been hoarding. I still have a ways to go...but its getting there.

So, while I was in the Christmas spirit and it was the Season. I realized I had started a 2 page layout for Matthew last year. Somehow, my attention got turned away, but I had kept it close to work on at a later date. Well, that later date had arrived and I completed the layouts from last year's "Jingle" WOTG kit.








Now that I've completed pages for Deborah and Matthew, I turned my attention to the twins. I knew I had quite a few pages to finish for their first year album. So looking through the file of their first year...I found a few I knew I should scrap.


As many scrappers I know, they enjoy using Page Maps' sketches for doing their layouts. I too use Page Maps alot for inspiration. I found another blog that has given me quite a bit of inspiration. The blog is Sketch Savvy and the blogger is Susan Stringfellow. I have used quite a few of her sketches lately. Check out her blog and leave her a comment or two. I know she'd love to hear from you. Click here for the sketch I did above. I flipped the layout so I could use it on the left side. Then you can click here for the sketch of the layout below

These next pages I did for the twins. They were learning how to crawl, and they kept crawling and climbing all over each other. They were the most curious set of babies. And if one of them found something the other had to investigate it as well. Where one was...the other was right there with him. It was easy at that time to keep an eye on them.


The papers I used for these layouts are from DCWV "Linen" paper slab. The flowers I cut out on my Wishblade in addition to the little car in the lower left corner. The flowers I spritz them with homemade glimmer mist (create a shade paint, reinker, liquid hair spray) and scrunched them to give them some dimension on the page.
So this is what I had been up to the last month of the year. In addition to baking cookies, and cleaning and wrapping gifts..all the normal stuff that comes with the holiday season. As the song says, I am so glad Christmas comes but once a year!
I still have more to share, but for now, I have got to go get some housework done. You know, like dusting and vaccuuming and changing the linens on the beds, etc etc etc. The list goes on and on. But, good news...I don't have to cook tonight! DH is going to take me out to dinner!
So, until the next time. Thanks for stopping by. Leave me a comment or two and let me know what you think of all my pages. I would love to hear from you.
Happy Scrappin'
Lots of hugs,
Leanne































































2 comments:

Haley D. said...

Your layouts are GORGEOUS!!! You will definitely have to post more often so that we can see more of your crafty goodness. :)

Jennifer Dove said...

Your layouts over the years have gone from wonderful to FABULOUS!