Friday, January 14, 2011

New Year....New Goals

Have you ever had one of those days/weeks where anything you had planned was put back on the back burner because other things took priority. That is how my week has gone. But the good news is...I'm somewhat free of having to set priorities and I get to spend some quality time here in the rubber room.


Since the first of the year, I have been concentrating on getting pages done for my grandsons, Matthew, Jaden and Benjamin. Their first year album is just about completed. I had to order some things for their pages, and as soon as those things arrive, I can get those pages completed. YAY!!! So meanwhile, I thought I would move along into their second year album. I have made a chart for myself to help me keep track of all the pages I've completed and to know what I need to work on to complete that album. Since I'm scrapping for 10 people and everything else, I need that kind of thing to keep my organized and to track my progress.



I felt like I had been neglecting Matthew's books, so I decided to do some pages for him. I also realized I didn't have any pictures of Matthew with his parents. So, these pictures were perfect for scrapping.








This is the first layout I've made using CTMH's new how-to book, "Magic". The papers I used came from CTMH's Heart of Winter "Days to Cherish" special.(retired) The word stickers came from my stash. The big half circle on the left page, is from MyLYB, "Safari Baby Boy". And the words on the pictures are rubons from my stash.


This next set of pictures are of Matthew. He loved this little microphone, that would play so loud, it could be heard anywhere in the house! LOL He still has that toy and still loves playing with it. But that thumb tastes so much better!



The bumblebee paper I used is from Bo Bunny. The sketch is another from CTMH's how to book, "Magic". I believe the other papers are from Bo Bunny, but I am not sure. They came from my stash without their tags on them. The large chiboard letters are from Making Memories, and I painted them with Making Memories scrapbooking paint. I made the bubble buttons from the patterned paper and glued them to painted chipboard. Then I attached CTMH's round "Window Charms" on top of the disc.


I should have started out this post with these layouts. I wanted to finish my Notre Dame layouts before I started on the boys' pages. So, I brought in the New Year finishing up these layouts.





The floral patterned paper is from K and Company, "Ancestry.com" line. The green polk dot patterned paper is from CTMH's "Perfect Day" paper pack. The brown patterned paper at the bottom portion of the layout is CTMH's retired "Fleurs de Jardine paper pack. And the pink is from CTMH's retired background and texture paper pack. The colors are Juniper, Baby Pink and Desert Sand. The scallop edge paper is a punch from Martha Stewart. The flowers are homemade and the flourishes I cut on my wishblade. This marks the half way point of my Paris album. I hope to get another layout done for the Paris album sometime this month.


So, I set my goal once again this year to complete 144 pages. I just fell short about 11 layouts to meet my goal of 144 last year. If I had an extra month in the year, I would have met my goal. LOL If only...LOL. That makes my goal for each month, 12 pages a month. With what I've shared above, I am half way in meeting my goal for the month. But as in past years, I start out strong, but dwindle down half way through. I'll have to think about how to keep the momentum going. I'd love to meet my goal this year and even surpass it. Wish me luck!!


Thanks so much for stopping by.


Until next time,


Happy Scrappin'


Hugs,


Leanne


No comments: