Friday, January 21, 2011

Triple Take

As I was looking through all three of my grandson's first year albums, I realized I had not done a "bath time" page. I have thought many times, of what I've wanted to do for their page, but never completed the page. So, the time had come, I am almost done with their first album and knew it was time to complete those pages. And once I made that conscious effort to complete the page, everything fell into place.


When my friend, Susan, posted a sketch on her blog, I knew I was on the right track. I had been collecting various components for these pages for quite some time. Funny, how I have planned these pages and almost forgot about them. The word paper came from a digital scrapbooking kit. The little ducks is one of my favorites and is a part of Suzy Zoo collection. The bubbles in the background are from Stickerpotamus and the other little embellishments are from Jolee's Boutique. I found them both here. This is the last of the "Dutch Blue" gingham paper I've had in my stash. The borders I punched out with Martha Stewart's "Punch Around The Page" punch. The yellow and blue cardstock is Close To My Heart's "Sunny Yellow" and "Dutch Blue". I cut 2 large "bubbles" out of vellum and used CTMH's "Sky" ink and sponged the edges. Its hard to tell from the photo. They look so much better in person.




These are pages for Benny's album.



The pages above are for Jaden's album.

Of course when I do the twin's pages, I always duplicate them. In my opinion, that's what you do with twins! LOL It just makes it easier. I am sure there will come a time when I will have to individualize their albums, but for now...I don't mind repeating myself. BUT, I loved how the pages turned out for the twins, that I thought I would do the same for Matthew's album as well.



Its is such a good feeling to know, that I am almost done with all the grandchildren's first year albums. Its a small step, but one to take notice. And at the rate I am going, I may have ALL their albums completed when they graduate from college! LOL So, I'll keep plugging along and doing what I can when I can.
So until next time, thank you so much for stopping by!
Happy Scrappin'!!
Hugs,
Leanne

1 comment:

Susan Stringfellow said...

Fantastic pages, Leanne! I just love that you are scrapping these for both of the twins too. That is just so sweet. You are lucky to have such beautiful photos to work with. Adorable babies!