Saturday, March 13, 2010

Deborah's First Haircut

Hey there!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! The twins are still here. They will be going back to their mother sometime tomorrow. What fun to have little people here. They sure can either wear you out or keep you young!

I wanted to share this layout with you. Its was Deborah's first trip to the beauty salon to get her hair cut. She did so well that day. Unfortunately, some time later she thought she would try giving herself a haircut. I also scrapped that event and will share that layout with you. As you can see, she sure did a number on her hair in this second layout.
Getting back to the first layout, I bought this sheet of 12x12 paper because of the little slips of hair on the page along with the scissors and comb. I immediately thought of scrapping Deborah's first haircut.
The paper is from K and Company. I had a very difficult time trying to color coordinate with that pattern paper. I finally found that CTMH's Petal cardstock went really well, and I had a sheet of polka dot heavy pattern paper from a DCWV Nana's Kids slab. I also found that CTMH's Crystal Blue really gave a terrific contrast to the pattern paper and the Petal cardstock. Then to ground the whole thing, I chose Vineyard Berry cardstock and B&T paper. Then to really show how much Deborah's loves being a princess, I used "Say It With Crystals" flourish and intertwined it with the Crystal Blue flourish. The I dabbed a small little crystal in the center each scallop.
Its almost time for the boy's bath. Fun, Fun, Fun...for them but not their Gamma! LOL
So, until next time...thanks for stopping by!
Happy Scrappin'!!!
Leanne
As you can see she sure did a number on her hair.

1 comment:

Wendy K. said...

Love, love, love that first layout! Swirls, and bling, and so girl - cute!