Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Eat Cake!

Good Afternoon Everyone!
Normally, I like to post to my blog early in the morning...when my thoughts are clear and I know what I want to say. But since Verizon had a major equipment malfunction, we've been without our DSL for the past 19 hours, I was unable to get to blogger and post.

But now that Verizon has repaired its equipment, let hope there isn't any more outages. I was going crazy not being able to get onto the net to even check my mail. It was quite frustrating! But we're good to go!

I wanted to share with you a layout I did earlier this year. Its funny, I just shared a couple of days ago, the twins 2nd birthday layouts. And here I am today, sharing their father's 2nd birthday layout.

Back when Kevin was turning 2 years old, he was so in love with Winnie the Pooh. He would try to sing, Winnie the Pooh song but all he would sing would be "Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh!" It was so cute!! AND whenever he saw the Disney Castle and Tinkerbell with her wand...he'd come running, yelling, "Pooh, Pooh, Pooh!!!" And he would blop himself down in front of the television expecting to watch Winnie the Pooh.




This is a very simple layout, which is not what I normally do. But the papers, I think, take care of the "busy" feel to the layout. The "Eat Cake" paper came from Creative Imaginations. The larger matted bracket square is Sunflower and Goldrush from Close To My Heart. I made my own Glimmer Mist with Goldrush reinker and "Create-A-Shade" paint from CTMH and liquid hairspray. I selected this paper and colors because they matched so well with the Winnie the Pooh images I had in my stash. The border down at the bottom of the page, I used CTMH's Hydrangea (retired) cardstock and Martha Stewart's punch. The small bracket square in the lower right corner of the layout, I cut out with my cutter and I used Suzy Zoo stickers.



Let's hope that Verizon had permanently fixed their problem. With fingers crossed, and a big big wish, I hope to be back in the morning and post another layout I've completed lately.



So stay tuned...



Thanks for stopping by!



Until next time...



Happy Scrappin'!



Hugs,



Leanne

No comments: