Monday, June 13, 2011

Snack Time with the Twins

Good Monday Morning Everyone!


How was your weekend? Were you able to find some time to do some scrapping? I finished up the twin's final page of their first year album Friday night. It such a good feeling having a whole album completed. It feels even better now that all four grandkids albums are done. NOW...to move on to all of their second year albums. Its a slow process, but I'm getting there.




These layouts are 9"x9" format. I started off with something completed different and the feeling I normally get when I scrap just wasn't there. So, I put the layout aside and had a good think about why I didn't like this layout. When I did realize what I didn't like about it, I was able to come back and finish it up. Once again I turned to my friend Susan's blog for the sketch. Its sketch #41. I used Close To My Heart's "Sky" cardstock for my foundation. But wanted a bit more texture to the page. So I used my Quikutz handle and my Cuddlebug embossing folder. Here is tutorial on how Susan explain how to do it, click here. The pattern paper is from 3 bugs in a rug. The cookies are from a digital kit from Sprouting Seed Studio. I downloaded the kit and them made the cookies into cut files and use my cutter to cut them out. The clock face I found online as well and printed it out on transparency and the attached it to giant cookie and the single minute hand attached in the middle. My friend Jenn sent my those clock hands a while ago for a workshop I was doing, and this is just leftover. And the little "Yummy in my Tummy" embellishment down in the lower right of the layout is from Marcella which I picked up at Target a while ago. There was a dinosaur head there where the cookie is...I just replaced it.

So that finishes the twins first year album. YAY!!! As I said a few posts back, we are celebrating quite a few birthdays this month. So, I am working on trying to get past birthdays scrapped so I can move on to scrap more present day photos.

I hear the laundry calling my name and that dust on the floor won't go away unless I run my dust mop. So, I am off to complete my chores for the day and then I can do some scrapping this afternoon or evening.

Thanks for stopping by, stay tuned for another completed layout.
Happy Scrappin'!!

Hugs,
Leanne

No comments: