Thursday, June 9, 2011

May Stack-a-holics Challenge

Good Thursday Morning to you all!


We've made it through the night and this morning, logging on was hassle free! YAY!! So, what did I do while our DSL was down and the computer was turned off? Yes, you guess it! I worked on some layouts. I've been working on the final page for the twin's first year album. I hope to have that completed today, if I don't have too many interruptions.


Last month, Erin, over at Die Cuts With a View 's blog, posted the May Stack-a-holics Challenge. She posted this sketch, from Susan Stringfellow and using any of the DCWV Stacks, we were to create a layout.


Now, I have a few stacks and I pulled out my favorite stack of all and completed this layout. I don't normally do challenges. I'm either to engrossed into another project or I don't have enough time to complete the layout. (Remember...I am a slow slow scrapper!)


I used "Nana's Kids" Stack. And everything on this layout, came from my stash. Usually, I'll find I would need one maybe two little embellishments to finish off a layout, but not this time. Let me just tell you, some of these things have been in my stash since I started scrapbooking. I think the hardest thing of all in completing this layout was cutting out that little rocking horse with my cutter. It's only about 1"x1.5". It made for some very delicate construction. Luckily enough, I had my Xyron "Create-a-Sticker" 150 loaded and ready to be used.


The rules were to complete a layout using the above sketch. Then Erin would select the top ten layouts and then select a winner from those ten. I am happy to announce I made it to the top ten. Erin used random.org to select the winner. Although my name was not selected, I feel so privileged and honored to be part of the top ten. She hasn't announced the June challenge yet, and I am not sure I'll have the time to complete the challenge. But who knows...I may just cave in and give it a go.


So, check out Erin's blog. There is something really big going to be announced in the next day or so. I wonder what it is?


Until next time,


Happy Scrappin'!


Hugs,


Leanne


No comments: