Sunday, June 19, 2011

First Birthday

Good Morning Everyone!





This morning I have three, yes, you read that right...3 layouts to share with you. They all came together pretty easily, once I had a concept in mind. I'll share more with each layout. I want to wish all the fathers out there, a very Happy Father's Day. I hope you enjoy your day.





Since I had already done a 1st birthday layout for Matthew's 1st birthday, I couldn't name this layout, first birthday. But I also wanted to scrap these pictures of Dave with Matthew. When this group of people get together, we usually end up passing the baby. But for some reason, Matthew preferred sitting with his Poppi to enjoy the festivities.



















Once again, I used one of Allison Davis' sketch from Sketch Support. Its her two page sketch #2. It really is a simple layout...something I am not use to, but I sure can become accustom to simple! LOL I used papers from 4 different paper packs, some of which are pretty old, but came in handy for this layout. I used: Close To My Heart's "Pride, Route 66, Tinkerin' and Zippidee." Oh and that zig zag border along the bottom came from CTMH's Animal Cookies My Stickease. The sun and the bird and the trees are from a digital kit from JCarson Designs. She provided vector files which I converted to cut files and used them on my layout.





These next two layouts, I have been thinking and thinking of what I wanted to do with these pictures. How did I want to scrap them? I had saved the party hats from their first birthday and wanted to use them on the layout as well. I wasn't sure how, till I saw a layout on scrapbook.com. In the comment section, the scrapper said she CASED the layout from a layout she found in the July 08 issue of Creating Keepsakes. The layout was perfect for what I wanted to do with mine. So, I went in search of finding the July 08 issue of the magazine. Wouldn't you know it...I had just gone through all my past issues and got rid of them. So, I posted on the message board of ClubCK that I was looking for a past issue. Another reader came through and posted a link and I found the layout I was looking for. Guess who the original designer of that page? It you said, Allison Davis, you're correct. I should have known. Its funny how things have a way of coming around and back to you.





















As you can see, I used the boys party hats. The papers are from Close To My Heart's "Animal Cookies." I also used some "Sunflower" Background and Texture paper (retired). The scalloped circles were cut with my Nestabilities die in Tulip cardstock. All the eboxy embellishments are from Creative Imaginations. The balloons and cake with the one candle are from The Paper Studio, La Petites. And the top of the hat embellishment is from Studio Calico Notions. Even though one of the pictures looks like it was taken at Christmas, our tree was still up at the time of their birthday. They were born a week into the new year and we've decided to keep our tree up till after their birthday. The party hats at the top of the layouts are from Suzy Zoo.





Now, all the grandkids "First Birthday"s are completed, that makes all their first year albums done. What a sense of accomplishment! But you know, when I get that need for a baby fix, I just may add another page or so to their album. LOL





I have one more birthday layout to share with you, which I'll do tomorrow. So stay tuned. Thanks for stopping by.





Until next time...





Happy Scrappin'





Hugs,





Leanne

1 comment:

Amarilys said...

wow, way to go! I love double pagers but they intimidate me but you did wonderful! I especially love the party hats!